Loading the player ...
- Offer Profile
- FARO develops
and markets computer-aided measurement systems and software worldwide.
portable coordinate measuring devices from FARO, together with their
industry-specific software solutions, allow high-precision 3D measurements
and 3D comparisons of parts and complex systems directly within assembly and
FARO measurement systems are used anywhere where the
most accurate measurements are necessary.
- No matter what
you are up against, be it a need to perform 3D inspections, CAD-to-part
analysis, alignments or reverse engineering – FARO’s portable CMMs are the
industry standard in Metrology.
- The world’s most innovative portable measurement solution
The FaroArm is a portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) that allows
manufacturers easy verification of product quality by performing 3D
inspections, tool certifications, CAD comparison, dimensional analysis,
reverse engineering, and more. The all-new FARO Edge is the most advanced,
state-of-the-art FaroArm ever produced.
With the ScanArm, the addition of the FARO Laser Line Probe to the FaroArm
adds unparalleled non-contact 3D scanning capabilities for detailed
measurement of surface form, making the ScanArm the perfect combination of a
contact and non-contact portable CMM.
- As the industry leader, FARO once again raises the bar in
portable measurement with the revolutionary FARO Edge. With its built-in
touchscreen computer and “SmartArm” technology, the Edge simplifies the user
experience with improved performance, portability, and reliability.
- 1.8 to 3.7m (6 to 12 ft.) spherical working volume
- Accuracy from 0.024mm (0.0009 in.) to 0.064mm (0.0025in.)
- The FARO Prime delivers the highest FaroArm accuracy at
an amazing value. The Prime is the ideal solution for measurements in
inspection, reverse engineering, CAD-to-part analysis and for anywhere else
a high-accuracy, hard-probing measurement solution is needed.
- 1.2 to 3.7m (4 to 12 ft.) spherical working volume
- Accuracy from 0.016mm (0.0006 in.) to 0.060mm (0.0024in.)
- The FaroArm Fusion is the perfect blend of precision,
durability, technology and cost-effectiveness. The Fusion is the economical,
all-in-one portable measurement arm for inspections, CAD-to-part analysis
and reverse engineering.
- 1.8 to 3.7m (6 to 12 ft.) spherical working volume
- Accuracy from 0.036mm (0.0014 in.) to 0.104mm (0.0041in.)
measurement and gauging tool; the ideal portable CMM for any production
The FARO Gage measuring arm is an accurate 3D gauge for smaller
parts and is an industry leader in portable CMMs. Ending the reliance on
expensive and hard-to-use fixed CMMs, the FARO Gage offers high accuracy
levels, improves measurement consistency, reduces inspection time, and
generates automatic reports. Made specifically for shop floor personnel, the
FARO Gage sets up in seconds and allows anyone to measure parts and
assemblies easily, quickly, and accurately.
- Save time and money by replacing cluttered inspection
areas with the one tool that can do it all – the FARO Gage. Built with
temperature and overload sensors that allow the FARO Gage to detect and
react to change, and with internal counterbalancing that limits user
fatigue, the FARO Gage maximizes accuracy, allowing your team to maintain
their focus and come away with quality results.
- 1.2m (4 ft.) spherical working volume
- Accuracy of 0.018mm (0.0007 in.)
- Temperature & Overload Sensors: Allow the FARO Gage to maximize
accuracy by detecting and compensating for thermal variations and
- Internal Counterbalancing: Allows the user to move the FARO Gage
easily with one hand without becoming fatigued
- Bluetooth Cable-Free Operation: Inspect and digitize wirelessly up
to 10m (30 ft.) away
- The ideal contact/non-contact portable measurement
The FARO ScanArm combines all of the advantages of the FaroArm with a hand
held laser scanner and is the perfect contact/non-contact measurement
system. Unlike other scanning systems, the ScanArm’s hard probe and the
Laser Line Probe can digitize interchangeably without having to remove
either component. Users can accurately measure prismatic features with the
hard probe, then laser scan sections requiring larger volumes of data — all
in one simple tool.
Non-contact measurement devices are becoming more and more popular. Handheld
laser scanners provide a quick and effective way to inspect and reverse
engineer complex parts and surfaces. They turn everyday objects into digital
computer models. Soft, deformable, and complex shapes can be easily
inspected – all without ever coming in contact with the part.
The FARO ScanArm is the ideal tool for inspection, point cloud-to-CAD
comparison, rapid prototyping, reverse engineering, and 3D modeling.
FARO Edge ScanArm
- The FARO Edge ScanArm is the world’s smallest, lightest,
and most affordable solution that combines the convenience of a FaroArm with
the power of a Laser Line Probe to form the perfect contact/non-contact
portable measurement system.
The ScanArm is the ideal tool for product development, inspection, and
quality control and offers capabilities such as point cloud comparison with
CAD, rapid prototyping, reverse engineering, and 3D modeling of free-from
- Accuracy ±35µ (±.0014 in.)
- Scan rate up to 45,120 points/sec
FARO ScanArm V3
- The FARO ScanArm V3 tackles measurement tasks like
inspection, point cloud-to-CAD comparison, rapid prototyping, reverse
engineering, and 3D modeling. Its main benefits are the exact scanning of
reflective and dark objects - the biggest challenge for all scanning
The FARO ScanArm V3 is compatible with the FaroArm Quantum, Platinum and
- Accuracy ±35µ (±.0014 in.)
- Scan rate up to 19,200 points/sec
FARO Laser Tracker
- Accurate, large volume measurement
The FARO Laser Tracker is an extremely accurate, portable coordinate
measuring machine that enables you to build products, optimize processes,
and deliver solutions by measuring quickly, simply and precisely.
Customers around the world trust the FARO Laser Tracker to solve their
everyday measurement challenges as well as their most complex problems that
simply weren’t previously possible. Companies are saving millions of dollars
by completing jobs faster, reducing downtime, eliminating costly scrap, and
getting accurate, consistent, and reportable measurement data.
With the new and improved TrackArm technology, users can unite the Laser
Tracker with the FaroArm into a long-reach, 6-degree-of-freedom probe.
FARO Laser Tracker Vantage
- FARO has reinvented high accuracy, large volume
measurement with the FARO Vantage. Offering a breakthrough in laser tracker
technology, the FARO Vantage provides the world’s most complete laser
tracking solution. When choosing a laser tracker, users have had to make
compromises to get what they need. A solution that offers extreme
portability, supreme accuracy, and shop-floor durability was simply not an
option – until now.
- 160m (525 ft.) spherical working volume
- Accuracy up to 0.015mm (0.0006 in.) at 2m
- The FARO TrackArm unites the FARO Vantage with the
FaroArm Edge, Prime or Fusion into a six-degree-of-freedom probe.
Switching between the Tracker and the Arm, users can reach hidden points
even around corners and inside hole features.
This solution enables users to inspect, reverse engineer or perform
CAD-to-Part analysis with greater ease than ever before.
The TrackArm is available as a complete system consisting of Laser Tracker,
FaroArm and TrackArm Kit.
Typical measurement performance: 80µm + 5 µm/m
FARO Laser Tracker ION
- When performing applications where the highest precision
is crucial, such as in-line measurements, high-speed dynamic measurements,
or high-accuracy machine calibration, the FARO Laser Tracker ION is a
state-of-the-art interferometer (IFM)-based measurement system that provides
the high accuracy and range you need to complete your measurement tasks.
- 110m (361 ft.) spherical working volume
- Accuracy up to 0.015mm (0.0006 in.) at 2m
FARO 3D Imager
- Groundbreaking portable 3D imaging accuracy
FARO 3D Imager AMP
- Incorporating a patented laser projection technology
known as Accordion Fringe Interferometry (AFI), and comprehensive data
collection using a high resolution camera, the FARO 3D Imager AMP provides
millions of data points per image.
- Large Volume: 500 x 500 x 220mm field of view
- Flexibility: Automated and manual modes
- Design: Portable, rugged, and thermally stable
- Accordion Fringe Interferometry (AFI) technology: Highest accuracy
- Comprehensive Data Collection: High resolution camera yields
millions of points per image
- Laser Projection and Optical Filtering: Better measurement of dark
or shiny objects
- 3D measurement and documentation software solutions
from FARO allow you to complete application-specific measurement jobs
quickly and efficiently, allowing you to stay focused on the job at hand.
CAM2 Measure 10
- FARO’s CAM2 Measure 10 is an inspection software package
that allows you to complete 3D measurement jobs quickly and gives you the
freedom to measure as required by your application. State-of-the-art
functionality improves every measuring and scanning process.
- The CAM2 GAGE Software is FARO’s CAM2 solution for
measuring geometry and building dimensions. It allows you to quickly measure
geometric features on your part so that you can easily report the dimensions
you need to control. Additionally, once you have measured one complete part,
you can then repeat the same measurements on the next part with no
- SCENE 3D laser scanner software is specifically designed
for the FARO Focus3D. SCENE processes and manages scanned data
easily and efficiently by using automatic object recognition as well as scan
registration and positioning. SCENE can also generate high-quality
colourised scans very quickly, while providing the tools for automated
target-less scan positioning.
- This free of charge software solution allows 3D
enthusiasts various options - such as scanning for 3D printing, modeling,
prototyping construction, graphics and game design. Commodity items, rooms,
figures and real persons can all be scanned using your live moving sensor
and the new SCENECT app.
- The FARO Focus3D is a
high-speed Terrestrial Laser Scanner (TLS) offering the most efficient
method for 3D measurement and 3D image documentation. In only a few minutes,
this 3D laser scanner produces dense point clouds containing millions of
points that provide incredibly detailed 3D colour images of large scale
geometries. Multiple scans from different positions can then be
automatically placed to create a cohesive point cloud, resembling an exact
measureable copy of even the most complex and large structures.
Focus3D is small and compact. Weighing just
5 kg (11 lb), it is the smallest 3D laser scanner ever built. With an
intuitive touchscreen display, users can control all of the scanner
functions with the easy-to-use interface.
- Distance accuracy up to ±2mm
- Range from 0.6m up to 120m
- Measurement rate up to 976,000 points/sec
- Small and compact: The smallest 3D laser scanner ever built and weighing
just 5 kg (11 lb)
- Intuitive touchscreen display: Control all scanner functions with
easy-to-use touch interfaceIntegrated colour camera: Photorealistic 3D colour scans with up to 70
megapixels resolution and a parallax-free colour overlay
FARO LASER SCANNER FOCUS3D
- 3D laser scanners from FARO use laser technology to
deliver highly detailed 3D Documentation. 3D images of complex environments
and geometries can be generated in mere minutes. Use them for accident
reconstruction, 3D modelling of process plants, architectural preservation
tasks, digital factory layouts or deformation monitoring.
Architecture and civil engineering
- Effective planning is critically important to architects,
construction engineers and contractors in any type of construction project.
3D documentation at every stage, from initial design to final inspection,
helps avoid costly rework errors.
Forensics and accident scenes
- Within a very short time after a crime, urgent steps must
be taken to avoid deterioration of the scene and loss of evidence. The FARO
Laser Scanner can mitigate the risk by quickly scanning a scene to record a
detailed 3D point cloud overlaid with color images.
- Ideal for quickly capturing highly accurate and detailed
as-built conditions of historical structures and buildings, the FARO Laser
Scanner constructs 360-degree point clouds of scanned surfaces to create 3D
models used in building restoration or historic preservation plans.
Process industry and digital factory
- In petrochemical production, there is very little room
for error. In the production of crude oil and natural gas, oil companies
have seen the value in a comprehensive digital documentation of the
associated process plant. With an accurate record of as-built conditions
they can operate the plant safely and reliably.
- As-built surveys using 3D laser scanning technology, such
as the FARO Laser Scanner, provide users with detailed point clouds which
enable 3D modelling for diverse tasks including building reconstruction,
plant layout and enhanced data presentation with augmented reality.
Tunnel & Mining
- Security is a prime concern in any mine, whether gold
mining or coal mining. A laser scanner can identify and record any cracks
and fissures, compare these data to previous scans, and identify any areas
of concern. This is an enormous contribution to mine safety and a safe work